Call for applications:
Director of Programming and Communications
Applications due: April 9 (2019) by 5pm.
Job Start date: April 23 (2019)
Duration: Part-time year-round (20 hours per week) with 4-6 weeks at full time (40 hours per week) at peak programming times, such as preparing for June festival and other outreach activities. $32,000/year contingent on continued secured funding.
About the Nickel:
We celebrate and inspire independent film in Newfoundland & Labrador. Founded in 2001, the Nickel Independent Film Festival is a celebration of local and international independent film. Our annual festival happens in June in St. John’s, with many other workshops, screenings and film challenges take place throughout the year and across the province.
The Nickel is hiring a Director of Programming and Communications to help coordinate the annual June festival and other projects throughout the year, as well as to provide communications support for the organization. We are looking for someone who is organized, a strong communicator, an innovator, and someone who likes to work hard and have fun doing it. This job will be based in St. John’s, NL.
- Assist the Executive Director with the coordination of the Nickel’s June festival.
- Project and workshop coordination throughout the year, including communication with stakeholders and clients leading up to and after projects are complete.
- Identify and implement new programming opportunities and funding opportunities for the organization.
- Produce content (short films, podcasts, images) for outreach, fundraising and communications use.
- Lead filmmaking workshops with adults and/or children.
- Manage and improve Nickel communications and outreach (press releases, social media presence, media relations, events).
- Develop website content, program content, fundraising and outreach materials.
- Engagement with local media to promote Nickel projects and events.
- Support partner organizations to host film festival screenings in their communities.
- Identify and develop relations with other organizations and businesses.
- Assist the Executive Director with hiring and managing employees.
- Assist the Executive Director with grant writing and reporting.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Filmmaking experience, especially DIY;
- Administrative or project management experience;
- Experience and/or training in arts-based group facilitation, facilitation, and/or community engagement.
Please forward resume and cover letter to the Nickel hiring committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is April 9 (2019) by 5pm.