Let’s write alone together!
The Nickel’s Script Writing Challenge is a free creative challenge to anyone to write a short screenplay or script between April 3rd and April 12th. It’s not a contest, it’s free to participate, and registration is open until the challenge closes.
Submitted scripts should be 5 pages or under — the rule of thumb is one minute per page of script — and can be of any genre. Just for fun, all writers will be given a simple prompt they should integrate into their script.
For a complete list of rules, please see below.
Completed scripts will be included in a live online reading scheduled for April 13th and 14th.
We will also be offering some writing workshops in advance of the challenge, follow this event or the main Nickel Independent Film Festival Facebook page for more announcements.
DROPBOX UPLOAD or EMAIL
• Writing must take place between April 3rd and April 12th.
• Maximum script length is five pages, not including title page.
• Completed scripts are to be uploaded to the challenge Dropbox or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7pm on April 12th
• We are not obligated to provide a reading for all scripts submitted. We reserve the right to not broadcast a script we find inappropriate for our audience for any reason.
• Your completed script is your intellectual property and you retain the rights, but by submitting you give the organizers permission to use your script at Challenge-related events.
• Participants under 18 must ensure they have express permission from a parent or guardian to participate.
• Have so much fun!!!
Questions? Email email@example.com